Friday, July 14, 2017

Beautiful People #26 ~ Author Writing Process Edition






It's time for this month's Beautiful People! Yay! This is a link-up hosted by Paperfury and Further Up and Further In where you answer questions about your characters. I participated in Beautiful People for the last three years every month. Pretty crazy. XD This link-up has been just so helpful with character development. 

This month's edition isn't about characters, but about me. O_O So you guys get a little insight into my writing process! If you'd like to participate in this link-up yourself, check out either Paperfury or Further Up and Further In to see how. Here we go!

1.) How do you decide which project to work on?
Sometimes I work on a project because it looks like the market is tilting that way and some editors or agents are interested. Other times I do it because I really want to work on that project and finish it.

2.) How long does it usually take you to finish a project?
From beginning to end? Usually about a year. 

3.) Do you have any routines to put you in the writing mood?
Music usually puts me in a writing mood, but I don't usually have the luxury to get into a "writing mood" because if I only wrote in a writing mood I'd never get anything done. 

4.) What time of day do you write best?
Night owl here. I write best from 9 p.m. to 12 a.m.

5.) Are there any authors you think you have a similar style to?
I share similarities to Ryan Graudin, Marissa Meyer, Jill Williamson, and Bryan Davis.

6.) Why did you start writing, and why do you keep writing?
I've just always enjoyed creating stories ever since I was a little kid and I just feel like it's what I'm meant to do. I don't see myself doing anything else.

7.) What’s the hardest thing you’ve written?
I haven't finished it yet but the sequel to my steampunk fantasy Red Hood called Silver Hood. In the middle of writing it last year, I went through a really tough phase of my life between my grandfather passing away and getting into a car accident. I barely finished the first draft. I powered through but I really wanted to quit several times. 

8.) Is there a project you want to tackle someday but you don’t feel ready yet?
Yes. There's this one book I have in mind called Silhouette which is a first person adult fiction space opera steampunk romance. I've never been in love, so I just don't feel ready to write a book centered around a love story.

9.) What writing goals did you make for 2017 and how are they going?
I wrote out my goals at the beginning of the year and I'm staying mostly on track:

January:
Edit Red Hood for Language
Read over Starbloods

February:
Edit Red Hood for Language
Read over Starbloods

March:
Start Starbloods Rewrite

April:
Rewrite Starbloods

May:
Read Over Red Hood (Couldn't do)
Rewrite Starbloods

June:
Edit Starbloods

July:
Edit Starbloods

August:
Edit Starbloods

September:
Edit Starbloods
Plan for NaNo

October:
Plan for NaNo

November:
NaNo

December:

Finish up NaNo

10.) Describe your writing process in 3 words or a gif!

When I have bad days I look at this gif and feel better. XD This is what I think to myself while writing.

Does your writing process have any similarities to my writing process? Did you participate in the Beautiful People? Are you planning to? If so let me see your posts in the comments! Thanks for reading!



You May Also Like:

No comments:

Post a Comment