Saturday, April 22, 2017

Read Rewrite Burn Tag & Bookish Lover Tag





Since Beautiful People has not gone up this month, I'm using this extra slot to catch up on all of the tags I've gotten! I've only got three more to go besides this!





Somehow I got the warped version of the title.
The lovely Alexa @ Summer Snowflakes tagged me in this forever ago and now I'm finally getting to it. I didn't do a raffle-like gesture like she did, I picked some ones I've had in mind that I've wanted to do this with. XD

Les Rules:

  • Choose any 15 books.
  • Divide them into groups of 3.
  • For each group, choose one to reread, one to rewrite, and one to burn.
  • (Basically Kiss, Kill, Marry only better because they’re books.)


Group 1:
Read: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - I haven't read this book in years and it's one of my favorite series ever, so I really want to reread it when I get a chance.



Rewrite: The 5th Wave by Rich Yancey - I loved the concept, but the execution was painful.



Burn: Heartless by Anne Elisabeth Stengl - I couldn't stand the main character. She drove me crazy.



Group 2:
Read: The Candlestone by Bryan Davis - I also haven't read this book in years, so I really want to give it a reread! It's one of my favorites of his.



Rewrite: Allegiant by Veronica Roth - The story was good up until the end. I want to resurrect Tris. 



Burn: The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater - I know I'm going to get a lot of hate for this one, but I felt like this book moved agonizingly slow. I didn't somewhat get into it until page 264. 



Group 3: 
Read: The Chronicles of Narnia: The Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis - Another book I haven't read in years, but it is one of my favorites of the Chronicles of Narnia!



Rewrite: The Death Cure by James Dashner - Another book I would rewrite just so I can resurrect a character. XD Theresa is better than Brenda!



Burn: Peril by Suzanne Hartmann - This book was just bad. 'Nuff said.






Tracey Dyck @ Adventure Awaits and Emily @ Ink Etc. literally tagged me for this like a year ago, but I'm getting to it now which is what matters. XD

Les Rules:

  • Use the banner.
  • Answer the questions.
  • Use lots of book covers.
  • Tag your bookish friends!
1.) What Book(s) Are You Currently Reading?

Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin and Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas


2.) What’s The Last Book You Finished?

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. Loved it!



3.) Favorite Book You Read This Year?

Well, the year isn't too long at this point, but I'd have to say Red Queen

4.) What Genre Have You Read Most This Year?

Fantasy, which is usually the case. XD

5.) What Genre Have You Read Least This Year?

I've read one historical mystery which was the Lost Girl on Astor Street by Stephanie Morrill.



6.) What Genre Do You Want To Read More Of? 

Steampunk! Give me all of the steampunk!

7.) How Many Books Have You Read This Year, And What’s Your Goal?

I've read seven books and I plan to read twenty-five. I know it's a small goal, but I'm a slow reader. XD I feel like the Charlie Bucket of readers.

8.) What’s The Last Book You Bought?

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater and I wish I just libraried it, since I wasn't that crazy about it.

9.) What Book Are You Saving Up To Buy Next?

I'd really like to get my own copy of Red Queen. I really really enjoyed that book, more than I have a book in a while.

10.) How Many Books Did You Check Out Last Library Visit?

I usually only check out one at a time. Last time it was Heir of Fire.



11.) What’s A Book You Can’t Wait To Read?

I really want to read Cress by Marissa Meyer. I just have so many other books on my list that I want to read! I'm trying to sample bits of a bunch of popular series. 

12.) What’s A Series You’d Recommend to Everyone?

To everyone? That's hard to say because people in general have so many different preferences.  I guess the Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis would my pick. 

13.) Who’s An Author You’re Hoping Writes More?

Suzanne Collins.

14.) A Few Books Your Heart Adores? 

The Hunger Games series, The Lord of the Rings, Dragons in Our Midst, and The Blood of Kings to name a few. 



15.) What Series’s Coming Conclusion Makes You Sad?

I guess The Lunar Chronicles will make me sad haha.

16.) What Books Are On Your Wish-List?

There are a lot I need to read. Here are a few:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
Cress by Marissa Meyer
Black by Ted Dekker
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
Heroes of Olympus: The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan



Les Nominees:

1.) Alison @ Alison's Wonderland Recipes

2.) Anna @ Light from the Shadows

3.) Melissa @ Quill Pen Writer 

4.) Rosalie @ Penprints

5.) Imogen @ Gossiping Dragons



Have you done this tag? What are you some of your answers to these questions? 



No comments:

Post a Comment