Friday, November 4, 2016

Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and Other Florida October 2016 Adventures





If you couldn't already tell from my past Monthly Summaries, this year has been a rough year for me. A lot of awesome things happened, but a lot of rough things happened and it seems to be a never-ending string of them. And you know that saying that it takes many good things to make up for a bad one? That's what I've been feeling this year. And the bad things seemed to have crushed many of the good things. 

Rejections scattered throughout the year. Grandfather passing away in March. Car accident in April and dealing with the financial repercussions in consequence as well as debilitating anxiety and depression. Monumental job stress in September. Then this month losing my job and having my twelve year old cat pass away. 

Basically, I really needed a break, some time to not have a high stress schedule and just relax with some good friends. That's what this weekend was for. Amy and Casey are two good friends of mine that I've grown in relationship with the past two years. I'm so happy to have been able to have this amazing weekend with them. 


Day 1:

I got up at the butt crack of dawn to catch a bus down to Orlando, Florida. Besides having a passenger talk on the phone in Creole for almost the entire nine hour trip, it went without event. He spoke so loud not even my earbuds could do much. Note to self: bring earplugs next time. When I finally arrived, Amy and Casey greeted me with big hugs and we were off to SusHi for some delicious sushi. It's like Subway for sushi, but way more quality. And they had unagi (eel)! My favorite sushi meat.





For dessert, we went to this taiyaki and ice cream place called FiveX. Taiyaki is a Japanese fish-shaped pancake with different sorts of fillings. I've seen it in anime and always wanted to try it! This place also handmakes ice cream right in front of you. They put the cream on a cold plate and mix it together with paddles until it's smooth and delicious. I got almond ice cream with red bean and Bavarian cream taiyaki. So good! I definitely have to go to this place again.



When we got home we started one of my favorite game series that they've never played: King's Quest. We managed to get to King's Quest II, and had so much fun playing them. Casey kept dying while climbing the beanstalk. It was hilarious. XD

Day 2:

Todaywas the big day! The day for Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween party at Disney World! I hadn't been to Disney since I was nine, so I was so totally pumped for this. For the party adults can cosplay in the park, the park is open until midnight, and there's exclusive events and characters out only during this celebration. Amy, Casey, and I donned our costumes and headed to the park!


While the light was good, the first thing we did was have a photoshoot at different locations throughout the park! They go every year so they knew all of the good spots. I absolutely love doing photoshoots with these girls. I'm Ino Yamanaka from Naruto, Casey is Black Jack, and Amy is Kaori from Your Lie in April.









We also hit a bunch of rides, including It's a Small World, Mickey's PhilharMagic, Buzz Lightyear's Space Range Spin, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, The Carousel, and Pirates of the Caribbean. Mickey's PhilharMagic had 4D which means you get 3D and smells and feelings like wind and the smell of champagne. It was so cool! Pirates of the Caribbean had super good animatronics and I forgot I was in a ride. Buzz Lightyear's Space Range Spin had to be my favorite. We went on it twice. You get to shoot aliens with a laser while on the ride!

Mickey's PhilharMagic



The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh



We also got to meet and greet Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Jack Skellington, and Sally. Jack and Sally are Halloween exclusives, so it was so cool to meet them! First we saw Pooh and Tigger. Pooh is one of my favorite Disney characters ever. I ran to him open-armed and he gave me a big fluffy hug. I almost cried I was so happy. Tigger gave me an enormous hug too. I felt so happy. I also got to recreate a picture to do a flash forward sort of thing. It was so amazing. When you've had a hard year, get a hug from Pooh Bear. It helps so much!







Jack and Sally's line was quite long but totally worth it. When we got up there Casey asked where Zero was and Sally knocked on his grave (which was in the display) calling for him to come out then her and Jack started listing places to find him like near the Haunted Mansion where Zero likes to play with the other dead puppies. Then he wished us a Happy Halloween and a horrible evening when we left. XD

We also got to see the Boo to You Parade! It was super fun and included special characters like Wreck-It Ralph, Vanelope Von Schweetz, and Goob from Meet the Robinsons! They also had grave diggers that scraped their shovels against the pavement to make sparks! The Fireworks show was super fun and had music going on in the background with characters talking to each other.





We also had yummy ice cream! I got a Plaza Sundae with butter pecan and Cookies and cream ice cream with fudge, whipped cream, and a cherry on top!


Disney really does make you feel like a kid again. This definitely can't be the last time I visit this place!




Day 3:

The next day Amy, Casey, and I judged a cosplay contest at a local comic book shop! It was super fun and I adored the winner's costume! It's a griffin! Squee! One of my favorite mythical creatures. I also had some delicious tea and baklava from the tea shop next door. 

I did the sign. ^ ^

This is completely handmade!

Then later on we did even more gaming and finished King's Quest III. That game is timed, so it was super hard, but fun. XD


Day 4:

On Sunday, I got to go to the girl's church and hear their dad preach, then we had a fellowship and did even more gaming and got up to King's Quest VI. We have to finish the rest next time I come!


Day 5:

I left Florida and had a good quiet trip home with a delicious Chick-fil-A Market salad for dinner. 

Conclusion - This trip to Florida was just what I needed to refresh before NaNoWriMo. I had so much fun with good friends!

Have you ever been to Disney World? Have you ever been to this event? Have you ever played King's Quest? What are you/have you dressed up as for this Halloween?

You may also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment