Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Tea Tuesday: Party King




I'm not really a coffee person. I prefer tea, and I know a lot of fellow writers love tea, too. But have you ever wanted to break out of the Early Grey or English Breakfast norm and try something new? Well, let me help you find some cool new teas! If you need a little hot and flavorful boost to help you reach your writing goal or you're just a lover of tea or you'd like to try some tea but aren't fond of the stereotypical types, these Tea Tuesday posts are for you.

This weeks tea is ... 

*drum roll*

The Party King




How I found it: I've been eyeballing this tea for a while and since my friend happened to get this blend for Christmas, I decided to try it while she was visiting at my house. Because I must try a blend inspired by Thranduil of course.
This tea comes from the same site I bought the Avengers set,Sherlock set, Tolkien set, Avatar: the Last Airbender set,  Doctor Who set, Attack on Titan set, RWBY set, Divergent set, and Firefly set from!

The Tea: This tea certainly has an unusual taste, which I mostly credit to the Hojicha. Hojicha is a roasted tea, so it has more of earthy taste as opposed to a sweet taste. This nutty, grassy, leafy taste reminded me of the dark woods of Mirkwood. It had an air of mystery about it. The vanilla green gave a sweet taste to it and the vanilla reminded me more of Thranduil's fabulousness. ;) Lastly the apricot green added a slight tang to the tea alluding to the unusual cuisine of Mirkwood. This is definitely a very mysterious and stern tea, not one for the faint of heart.

Thranduil is the most fabulous elf there ever was.
Serving Recommendations: I steeped this tea at 205 for four minutes and added sugar.

How much is it and where can you get it? You can find this tea at the Adagio website. My friend got this tea in a sample set which was about $22 including shipping and you get a goodly amount of tea since you only need about a teaspoon per cup. Some of these teas you can buy individually for about $10 a pouch or $4 for a sample tin.

So how good is it? This was a decent tea, that fit Thranduil, but wasn't my favorite of teas. Maybe it was getting used to the Hojicha. Three stars!


Have you tried this tea? What did you think of it? Have you seen or read The Hobbit?


Bonus! If you are a first-time Adagio customer I can send you a $5 giftcard! Ask in the comments for details! (This is no joke and no catch I seriously can. It's part of the amazingness of Adagio Teas)

If you liked this post, come back every Saturday for more writing advice, character interviews, book reviews and more! On Sundays I have Soundtrack Sundays where I post a new score piece, Tuesdays are Tea Tuesdays with tea reviews, Wednesdays I have Wonderful Word Wednesdays where I post a new vocabulary word, and Fridays are Fan Fridays where I post tags and other goodies. To help support my dream to be an author follow this blog, like me on Facebook, watch me on deviantART, and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter. If you want to know more about my books check out them out here. Thank you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment