Friday, November 20, 2015

The Sweater Weather Tag & Liebster Award 2015





Since Nox hasn't gotten many questions yet, I'm going to give him one more week to get a few more before putting up his interview. Nox is a main character from my NaNo novel. If you'd like to ask him a question check out the post.

All righty I have two tags today one because I really really want to do it (Thanks Aimee @ To The Barricade! for making it an open tag) and the second one four people nominated me for! It's the third Liebster Award I've done and I've already done so many random facts tags and forty-four questions will make a very long tags so I'm just going to pick and choose my favorite out of the questions Adriana @ The Librarian Files, Andrea @ A Life of Pages, Annika @ Writer and Proud, and Rachel @ Water and Pen asked me. Be sure to check out their blogs! And thank you for nominating me! 



The Sweater Weather Tag

The Questions:

Favorite Candle Scent:
Oh this is a hard question for me. I looooove candles. I stocked up on a ton for NaNoWriMo. I really like this candle scent I recently found at Bath and Bodyworks called Flannel and this Edgar Allen Poe candle I found downtown. 

Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate? 
Tea! Teeeeea! If you have read this blog for any amount of time you would know it is tea!

What's the best fall memory you have? 
Goodness I have many. I think some of my favorite are going to the Hunger Games movie midnight showings with my friends. This year will be the last. Sadness. My friend's theater has a cosplay competition (which I've been winning every year and getting Hunger Games character stand-ups and free movie tickets) and an arrow shooting contest and Trivia questions and all this awesomeness. I have won many prizes.  ^ ^

Best fragrance for fall:
Woodsmoke fires, chili, and pecan pie. How could I pick one?

Favorite Thanksgiving food: 
I really love this gelatin dessert I/my aunt makes. It's called Mandarin Orange Salad and has orange juice and pineapple and lemon jello in it with a vanilla cool whip topping. It's. So. Good.


This is one I made.
What is autumn weather like where you live? 
I live in the Atlanta, Georgia area so the weather is in the highs of the 6os or 70s F and can get to the 30s. The leaves turn bright colors and there's usually a lot of rain, but I love the dry crisp days.

Most worn sweater: 
Hmm ... I have this cool swamp green one with long sleeves that come over my hands that I enjoy.

Football games or jumping in leaf piles? 
I don't do football so let's jump in leaf piles! Whoo hoo!

Skinny jeans or leggings? 
Skinny jeans are my bestest friend.

Combat boots or Uggs? 
Uggs. I have a brown pair but they have a permanent stain on the toe from the drool of my cousin's dog. Oh well. I still like 'em.

Is Pumpkin Spice worth the hype? 
Eh. I like Pumpkin-flavored stuff, but I'm not as bananas about it as various chain restaurants seem to think I should be.

Favorite fall TV show: 
CASTLE!!!


Love this gif.
What song really gets you into the fall spirit? 
Anything Of Monsters and Men.

Hats or scarves? 
I really like both, but I'd pick scarves over hats by a hair. I really like all the ways you can style them.

What's your #1 favorite thing about fall? 
Cooler weather. Georgia summers are blistering hot and gets me all around more stressed. Cold weather is my natural habitat.



Liebster Award 2015

Rules for other people that I'm so not following this time around: 
1.) Thank the person that nominated you and link back to their blog. 
2.  Give 11 random facts about yourself.
3.) Answer the questions given you by said person. 
4.) Choose eleven questions of your own. 
5.) Nominate eleven more people! 
Note: You can find the questions for nominees and the nominees at the bottom of the post.

The Questions:

Andrea's Questions:
1.) Do you think you are more like your mom or your dad?
More like my mom definitely.

2.) DC or Marvel? Or Both?
I like both, but more Marvel than DC.

3.) Who’s your favorite superhero?
Thor. *points up at the blog header*

4.) What’s your favorite book of the Bible and why?
Hmm ... I like Proverbs.

Rachel's Questions:
5.) What's your favorite board game and why?
Clue. I just love the game for some reason.


Also the movie is hilarious as well.
6.) Favorite Bible verse?

1 Corinthians 1:27-29

but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong, and the base things of the world and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may nullify the things that are, so that no man may boast before God.

7.) If you had a troll, what would you name him/her?
His name would be Sydney. Why? I have no idea.

Annika's Questions
8.) What do you think of as your best trait?
I'm really good at organization and schedules. It comes in handy. 

9.) What is your favorite candy/sweet?
Pralines. I looooove pralines.

Adriana's Questions:
10.) What is one of your funniest childhood memories?
Well at two years old I war coloring with Roseart markers and watching Pocahontas and I decided I wanted to be an Indian too and colored myself. First and last time I'd ever done anything like that. My mom was very cross--while trying to hold in laughter. 


Kokoum inspired me. I even tried to do those bear claws on my chest.
11.) People watching! (Admit it, writers, you do this.) What are your techniques to appear less stalker-ish while people watching?
Pretend I'm looking for someone, of course, which I technically am, a new possible character.

Questions for the Tag:

1.) What's your favorite holiday?
2.) What is your favorite flavor potato chip?
3.) Do you carry a purse?
4.) What color is your car or the car you'd want?
5.) Favorite accessory. 
6.) What type of phone do you have?
7.) Do you write on a PC or in a notebook?
8.) Favorite Disney movie?
9.) Gold or silver?
10.) Favorite season?
11.) Is your hair the same color now as it was when you were little (i.e. Mine used to be platinum blonde but now it's honey-colored)?

Because so many people I know have done the Liebster I'm keeping it open, but I will tag five people for the Sweater Weather Tag.

The Nominees:

1.) Andrea @ A Life of Pages

2.) Rachel @ Water & Pen 

3.) Annika @ Writer and Proud

4.) Cassia @ Dimensions of my Universe

5.) Ely @ Teas and Titles

Thanks again!


Have you ever done either of these tags before? Share a link! What are some of your answers to these questions?


No comments:

Post a Comment