Sunday, September 20, 2015

Soundtrack Sundays: What's Next? (Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials)




It's Soundtrack Sunday again! The day where I post awesome music to write to or just listen to for pleasure if you're a fellow soundtrack junkie. I just saw Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials this past Thursday. I'm still a little torn about it. It was an interesting film, but so different from the book. Check out my full review on Geeks Under Grace. If you'd like to check out the book before seeing the film, take a look at my review.

Regardless of the movie's radical plot transplant, the score is excellent. John Paesano does it again with an amazing score. He did fantastic with the Maze Runner. I've posted my two favorite pieces from the score here on the blog called "Finale" and "Goodbye." This piece is a great epic finish piece with gorgeous orchestra touched with delicate piano and violin with a few techy sounds. It perfectly suits the sci-fi feel of the movie. This would be great to listen to while writing a sci-fi or a fantasy at a moment of triumph or happienss or calm before the storm. You can listen to more epic music in my Soundtrack Sundays YouTube playlist.


Have you heard this piece before? What do you think of it? Have you seen or read the Scorch Trials?

If you liked this post, come back every Saturday for more writing advice, character interviews, book reviews and more! On Sundays I have Soundtrack Sundays where I post a new score piece, Tuesdays are Tea Tuesdays with tea reviews, Wednesdays I have Wonderful Word Wednesdays where I post a new vocabulary word, and Fridays are Fan Fridays where I post tags and other goodies. To help support my dream to be an author follow this blog, like me on Facebook, watch me on deviantART, and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter. If you want to know more about my books check out them out here. Thank you! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment