Friday, May 8, 2015

Beautiful People #9: Ingrid




It's time for this month's Beautiful People! Yay! This is a link-up hosted by Paperfury and Further Up and Further In where you answer questions about your characters. I participated in Beautiful People #1#2#3 and the villain special last year. And I've done Beautiful People Author EditionBeautiful People Valentine Edition, Beautiful People #7 and Beautiful People Sibling Edition. This link-up has been just so helpful with character development. 

I'm doing Ingrid, a secondary character from my Subsapien series, for this month's link-up. She's been a bit neglected and needs some love. To give you a brief bio about Ingrid, she is a fourteen year old grafting which is a human and animal combination hence the wings. I hope you all like her! If you'd like to participate in this link-up yourself, check out either Paperfury or Further Up and Further In to see how. Here we go!



1. Do they get nightmares? If so, why or what of?
Ingrid gets a lot of nightmares about her experiences in the L.G.R., the lab she was raised in. She's undergone a lot of traumatic experiments that have scarred her emotionally and physically.

2. What is their biggest guilty pleasure/secret shame?
I don't know about guilty pleasure, but a secret shame of hers is that before she met Matt she watched a friend die and she felt like she could have saved her.

3. Are they easily persuaded or do they need more proof?
She's more easily persuaded than her other friends, but she is still a little skeptical. Because of her upbringing, she has trouble trusting adults or norms (normal humans), but she is probably the most trusting of her peers.

4. Do they suffer from any phobias? Does it affect their life in a big way?
Like most of the graftings in the L.G.R., she is deathly afraid of anything to do with hospitals due to the trauma she has endured for most of her life. She deals with severe anxiety in the presence of anything to do with needles, operations, and such.

5. What do they consider their “Achilles heel”?
Despite her mostly trusting nature, she still has a lot of fear because of her past experiences, fear about what happened to her, what could happen to her, and what could happen to her friends. She feels like her fearfulness holds her back from talking more about her faith.



6. How do they handle a crisis?
Prayer. The first thing she usually does is pray for peace and calm in the situation. Then she will be likely to seek council about the situation if she can.

7. Do they have a temper?
Not really. She's a cheerful and calm person in general. It's hard for her to get riled up. She has to be really threatened.

8. What are their core values and/or religious beliefs?
Ingrid is a Christian. At four, she was taken away from her parents, but she still remembers their faith and holds onto that dearly. She believes in a strong difference between right and wrong, and that Jesus can release people from her sins. A lot of the other graftings make fun of her for her "fantasy" and the scientists have even punished her for talking about it, but she refuses to give it up.

9. What things do they value most in life?
Her faith and her friends. Her faith shapes who she is and her friends are with her constantly throughout all the struggles she's been through. Her best friend, Matt, has been her companion since she was seven. The other thing she would value the most is her hobby of making bracelets. Since she's extremely deprived in her lab life, she only uses materials she can find around like stitches or thread from blankets or clothing. They help her take her mind off of the really bad times.

10. What is one major event that helped shape who they are?
When she was seven, Matt threw himself over Ingrid to stop her from being beaten to death. It was the first example of true sacrifice she had ever experienced. After that is when she truly understood Jesus' sacrifice for her life and shortly after she accepted him into her heart.


And that's a bit about Ingrid! If you'd like to know a bit more about her, check out her character interview and her Voice Week! If you'd like to know more about her book, check out the My Books tab! Thanks for reading!

Did you participate in the Beautiful People? Are you planning to? If so let me see your posts in the comments!

If you liked this post, come back every Saturday for more writing advice, character interviews, book reviews and more! On Sundays I have Soundtrack Sundays where I post a new score piece, Tuesdays are Tea Tuesdays with tea reviews, Wednesdays I have Wonderful Word Wednesdays where I post a new vocabulary word, and Fridays are Fan Fridays where I post tags and other goodies. To help support my dream to be an author follow this blog, like me on Facebook, watch me on deviantART, and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter. If you want to know more about my books check out them out here. Thank you! :)


12 comments:

  1. I like her, and her character model is Molly C Quinn. I used her for one of my characters too. Ingrid seems so sweet, even though her circumstances are horrible, I like that she is a Christian. :)
    I cant wait to do the linkup, they always have such good questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you like her. ^ ^ Oh really? Cool. She fits my character so perfectly. ^ ^ I'm glad you like that too! When you get your link-up posted I want to see! :D Thanks so much for commenting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She sounds kind of likable and that sketch is so awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad she's at least kind of likable lol. Thanks. ^ ^ I want to do some more drawings of her when I get the chance. Hopefully soon lol. Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, the more I hear about your Subsapien series, the more I want to read it someday. The idea behind it is terrifying, but I loved the brothers you wrote about last month, and Ingrid is no different. I admire how she has held onto her faith for so long. No doubt that's helped her pull through the horrors she experienced in the lab. And if I had been in her shoes, I also would be frightened of hospitals and anything medical-related. Great job, Victoria!

    Also, I posted my BP answers today, if you're interested:

    https://saraletourneau.wordpress.com/2015/05/11/beautiful-people-vol-4/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw that's so encouraging! I'm working hard on the books lol. They're my babies of all the books I've written. The books have much creepiness and rip my feels to shreds lol. I'll be sure to read yours! ^ ^ Thank you so much for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ingrid is really interesting! Your series sound interesting, too! I like the last image. I used to do that thing with my arm a lot about two years ago when I was feeling very vulnerable. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! I'm glad it intrigues you. Lol I did the same thing which is why I thought it would be perfect for her lol. Did you do Beautiful People this go around? Or are you planning to? Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg, she sounds like a poor abused little darling. *secretly kidnaps Ingrid and feeds her warm cupcakes*
    Thanks for linking up with us! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol. XD She likes cupcakes. She would enjoy temporary kidnapping by you. ;) No problem! I love this link-up! Thank /you/ for commenting here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually didn't do Beautiful People this month... or last either I don't think. I might try the next one though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can still do it! It runs all month! :D

    ReplyDelete