Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Tea Tuesday: Blake Belladonna




I'm not really a coffee person. I prefer tea, and I know a lot of fellow writers love tea, too. But have you ever wanted to break out of the Early Grey or English Breakfast norm and try something new? Well, let me help you find some cool new teas! If you need a little hot and flavorful boost to help you reach your writing goal or you're just a lover of tea or you'd like to try some tea but aren't fond of the stereotypical types, these Tea Tuesday posts are for you.

This weeks tea is ... 

*drum roll*

Blake Belladonna






How I found it: I'm back with another fandom set from Adagio Teas. I've had my eye on this set for a while. It's the RWBY (pronounced Ruby) set! If you haven't heard of this YouTube anime, you must watch it. It is so good! Don't believe me? Check out the trailer, and see how awesome this series is. If you like it, perhaps you'd like some character-inspired tea to drink while watching it. This set includes Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee, Blake Belladonna, and Yang Xiao Long.

This is the same site I bought the Avengers set, Sherlock set, Tolkien set, Avatar: the Last Airbender set, Doctor Who set, and Attack on Titan set from!

The Tea: Blake is my favorite character from RWBY so I'm so psyched her tea is equally as awesome as she is. The earl grey bravo makes me think of her sullen side, while the earl grey moonlight makes me think of her introverted side.The forest berries allude to her sweet, wild Faunis side. The cloves relate to her kick-butt side and the chocolate to her dark and mysterious side. She has a lot of sides. ^ ^' I'm sure she'd love to drink this tea while reading a book. 

Another note that doesn't really have anything to do with the review, but needs to be mentioned. I'm dedicating this post to the creator of RWBY Monty Oum who passed away at age 33 yesterday. It saddened me greatly to hear a fellow artist and writer had passed away especially so young. He will be sorely missed. Thank you, sir, for creating this amazing show.



Serving Recommendations: I steeped this tea for five minutes and added sugar, cream, and cinnamon.

How much is it and where can you get it? You can find this tea at the Adagio website. I bought this tea in a sample tin and you get a goodly amount of tea since you only need about a teaspoon per cup. You get it for $4 for a sample tin, $10 for a 3 oz. pouch and $19 for 5 oz. tin. 

So how good is it? Five stars! Though I like this slightly less than Ruby's tea so it would be 4 and 3/4, but I don't have that. ^ ^' Anyway it was a unique and delicious tea and I love it!


Have you tried this tea? What did you think of it? Have you seen RWBYWho's your favorite character?

Bonus! If you are a first-time Adagio customer I can send you a $5 giftcard! Ask in the comments for details! (This is no joke and no catch I seriously can. It's part of the amazingness of Adagio Teas)

If you liked this post, come back every Saturday for more writing advice, character interviews, book reviews and more! On Sundays I have Soundtrack Sundays where I post a new score piece, Tuesdays are Tea Tuesdays with tea reviews, Wednesdays I have Wonderful Word Wednesdays where I post a new vocabulary word, and Fridays are Fan Fridays where I post tags and other goodies. To help support my dream to be an author follow this blog, like me on Facebook, watch me on deviantART, and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter. If you want to know more about my books check out them out here. Thank you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment