Sunday, January 11, 2015

Soundtrack Sunday: Bauklötze (Attack on Titan)




It's Soundtrack Sunday again! The day where I post awesome music to write to or just listen to for pleasure if you're a fellow soundtrack junkie. I've just finished watching the second half of Attack on Titan dubbed. Watching the anime again and doing the Attack on Titan tea blend reviews has made me want to listen to the music. 

While going through the OST, I stumbled upon this gem again. It is called Bauklötze (pronounced BOWK-lot-zuh) or Buildling Blocks.This song often plays in very emotional parts of the anime. It is sang in German and has awesome lyrics. I'll include the English translation below. The lead singer, Mika Kobayashi, has such a powerful voice that conveys such emotion. That combined with the strings, drums, and clacking noises make such an interesting combination. I just love it. You can listen to more epic music in my Soundtrack Sundays YouTube playlist.


It is like the game with toy blocks
I am carefully building with bricks
It is like the game with toy blocks
I take a look at my empty box of bricks

You break down my wall suddenly with dirty hands

On that day it was an ardently crimson sunset
I hid the bricks from you
Sad memory of my childhood

Is that the destroyer or the creator?
With the blaze of hatred we wield the swords
Is that our fate or our will?
We will fight until this hot wind takes our wings

It is like the game with toy blocks
I am carefully building with bricks
It is like the game with toy blocks
I take a look at my empty box of bricks

You break down my wall unsuspectingly with dirty hands

I put nothing into the box of bricks
I do not want to lose anything
I hid the toy blocks from you
I am once again carefully building with bricks

Have you heard this piece before? What do you think of it? Have you seen Attack on Titan?

If you liked this post, come back every Saturday for more writing advice, character interviews, book reviews and more! On Sundays I have Soundtrack Sundays where I post a new score piece, Tuesdays are Tea Tuesdays with tea reviews, Wednesdays I have Wonderful Word Wednesdays where I post a new vocabulary word, and Fridays are Fan Fridays where I post tags and other goodies. To help support my dream to be an author follow this blog, like me on Facebook, watch me on deviantART, and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter. If you want to know more about my books check out them out here. Thank you! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment