Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Tea Tuesday: Cactus Juice




I'm not really a coffee person. I prefer tea, and I know a lot of fellow writers love tea, too. But have you ever wanted to break out of the Early Grey or English Breakfast norm and try something new? Well, let me help you find some cool new teas! If you need a little hot and flavorful boost to help you reach your writing goal or you're just a lover of tea or you'd like to try some tea but aren't fond of the stereotypical types, these Tea Tuesday posts are for you.

This weeks tea is ... 

*drum roll*

Cactus Juice


How I found it: One night, I was minding my own business and procrastinating on Facebook when I noticed an ad about Avatar: The Last Airbender teas. Feeling curious, I clicked the link and my mouth dropped open. This site had a whole set of teas of different avatar characters and even more fandom inspired teas! But I particularly wanted this set so after convincing myself that this would be an early birthday gift to me I got it. XD I got this tea in the same set as a KataraAang, Iroh, and Toph tea. ^ ^

The Tea: This is a light, herbal tea with dominant flavors of cucumber and apples. It's refreshing and definitely the quenchiest, but I can assure you it won't make you start seeing circle birds, giant mushrooms, and people on fire. This tea is pink as opposed the milky green of actual cactus juice, but it is still the flavor I'd think it would taste like. I wonder if this is what the cactus juice in the show would taste like and if Sokka would dare try this tea.


Serving Recommendations: I brewed this tea for four minutes and added sugar.

How much is it and where can you get it? You can find this tea at the Adagio website. I bought this tea in a sample set which was about $22 including shipping and you get a goodly amount of tea since you only need about a teaspoon per cup.

So how good is it? Though this wasn't my favorite tea ever, I enjoyed this tea very much. It really made me think of the episode "The Desert" lol. Four stars!


Have you tried this tea? What did you think of it? Have you seen Avatar: The Last Airbender? Who's your favorite character?

Bonus! If you are a first-time Adagio customer I can send you a $5 giftcard! Ask in the comments for details! (This is no joke and no catch I seriously can. It's part of the amazingness of Adagio Teas)

If you liked this post, come back every Saturday for more writing advice, character interviews, book reviews and more! On Sundays I have Soundtrack Sundays where I post a new score piece, Tuesdays are Tea Tuesdays with tea reviews, Wednesdays I have Wonderful Word Wednesdays where I post a new vocabulary word, and Fridays are Fan Fridays where I post tags and other goodies. To help support my dream to be an author follow this blog, like me on Facebook, watch me on deviantART, and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter. If you want to know more about my books check out them out here. Thank you! :)


1 comment: