Saturday, January 18, 2014

A Little Late Year's Beginning Post!


Matt and Ingrid from Subsapien Grafting (Drawn in 2013)


Hey I know it's late, but better late than never to do a beginning of the year post! It's in the first month so I'm good lol. XD Well firstly, I want to say thank you to all my followers of here, my Facebook page and Pinterest. I really appreciate all of you and you encourage me to keep on writing.

Hello to my new readers! I'm a young writer who works at a yogurt shop by day and writes by night. I'm a nerd and I love all things Whovian, Middle Earth, and Narnian. My dream is to be a published author. Thanks so much for viewing!

Some posts you all really enjoyed looking at last year were:
How to Write a 3D Villain Part 2
What Anime Can Teach Us About Writing
Tone Down But Don't Water Down

Last year I really got serious with writing and platform building. I wrote two drafts last year, edited a bunch, entered in contests, and did more blog posts than ever before. And thanks to you readers you've helped that grow. :) I've grown mentally and spiritually during its course. It was a good year for the most part, but I have a feeling this year will be even better.

Here are some of my goals for this year:

1.) This year I really want crack down on writing -  I'm going to finish editing Subsapien Biomech (the first book of my science fiction series Subsapien), work on the second and third book of that series, my fantasy Starbloods, and my newest idea for a retelling of Little Red Riding Hood. It's set in a fantasy steampunk environment where Little Red (called Mor in the book) is a werewolf huntress. You can check out more about it on my Pinterest board for Red Hoods.

2.) I want to do a new character drawing at least once a month - I love drawing and it really helps me visualize my characters. Below are a few drawings I did last year. ^ ^

Emil (Subsapien Grafting)

Brian (Subsapien Grafting)

Serra (Subsapien Grafting)

3.) This year I'm going to work very hard on posting consistently - I know I have a problem with that lol.

An update about what's going on now concerning progress for my dream: currently I'm editing Subsapien Biomech. I'm aiming to pitch it to an agent who was interested in my at a writer's conference in February/March. If I don't get one there I'm gonna start querying. :)

Now for some questions for you all ...

How have you all liked the blog this past year? Would you like to see any more of anything? Less of anything? What are some of your goals for this year?

Thank you again for your support! Happy Late New Year! :D

You May Also Like: 
Fall Update 2013!
Summer Update!
I'm now twenty and other updates!
Conference!
Hot n' Cold

If you liked this post, come back every Saturday for more writing advice, character interviews, book reviews and more! On Sundays I have Soundtrack Sundays where I post a new score piece, Tuesdays are Tea Tuesdays with tea reviews, Wednesdays I have Wonderful Word Wednesdays where I post a new vocabulary word, and Fridays are Fan Fridays where I post tags and other goodies. To help support my dream to be an author follow this blog, like me on Facebook, watch me on deviantART, and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter. If you want to know more about my books check out them out here. Thank you! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment