Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I'm now twenty and other updates!



So this weekend was my twentieth birthday! I cannot believe I am that old ... To celebrate I had a friend from out of town over this weekend and we had an awesome time, hence why I didn't post on Saturday, but I'm posting now. Another post will be coming again this coming Saturday as usual. :)

I got some good news to tell you all!

1.) I sent off my submissions to the agents this Saturday. *crosses fingers* I'm praying so hard that I get accepted, but if I don't that's okay. Still so nervous and excited about that. But this is my first official submission! Whoo hoo!

2.) The winner for the Go Teen Writers ebook giveaway is Lauren Snodderly! Congratulations! I'm contacting Stephanie about how to get the prize to you and I'll let you know. :)

3.) So last week was author Jill Williamson's launch party for her new YA Distopian, Captives, and I won a copy! Just got it in the mail today! Be sure to check the novel out. It looks so good! You can find it on Amazon here! After I read it, I'll post a review of it here.

Matt (Subsapien Grafting)
4.) I'm going to start my twentieth year by working on my YA science-fiction sequel, Subsapien Grafting, which is in the point of view of Bryce's younger brother, Matt. You can check out my progress in the progress bar widget that will be coming to the blog soon!

5.) Lastly, God and my brain gave me the awesome birthday present of a new book series idea for a steampunk romance that for now I'm entitling Silhouette. I'll give you guys a little sneak peek of the first two lines and this edited photo I did of Max Irons (The Host) who looks exactly like my main character, Conan MacIvor.

"Two more years until I get my body back. At the thought of being this close to feeling again, the gears rotated faster in my porcelain chest."

So this has been a pretty exciting week. :) Thank you all for reading my blog and for all your comments in my 19th year! Check out my Facebook and Pinterest. I'm up to 50 likes! I'm trying to come up with a way to celebrate that ... Every comment on my blog has been a joy. Every like, follow and pageview helps my career as a writer! Thank you for your support! :)

Conan MacIvor (Silhouette)
If you liked this post, come back every Saturday for more writing advice, character interviews, book reviews and more! On Sundays I have Soundtrack Sundays where I post a new score piece, Tuesdays are Tea Tuesdays with tea reviews, Wednesdays I have Wonderful Word Wednesdays where I post a new vocabulary word, and Fridays are Fan Fridays where I post tags and other goodies. To help support my dream to be an author follow this blog, like me on Facebook, watch me on deviantART, and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter. If you want to know more about my books check out them out here. Thank you! :)


4 comments:

  1. I'm soooo excited for u and I have a shereical feeling about ur new book :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on making your first official submission. I just sent off my first submission in March, and I'm waiting to hear back as well.
    Starting the second book of your series sounds like an awesome way to start your 20th year. The timing might be right for me to do exactly the same thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. ^ ^ Awesome! Good luck with your submissions and your writing. :)

      Delete